Video: Check Out the 5 Best iPadOS 16 Features
iPadOS 16, Apple’s operating system that runs on the iPad, is getting almost all of the great features coming to iOS 16, but there are also iPad-specific additions that make the iPad more Mac-like than ever. In our latest YouTube video, we show off the five best features coming to the iPad this fall.
- Stage Manager – Stage Manager is a new multitasking interface that’s also available on the Mac in macOS Ventura. Stage Manager supports multiple windows that are resizable, and it is a much different experience than the standard Split View. Your main app is front and center and others are right off to the left for easy access, plus you can group apps together and overlap windows for more control over your workspace. Stage Manager is unfortunately limited to the iPad models with an M1 chip.
- External Display Support – iPadOS 16 brings full external display support to the iPad Pro with M1 chip, allowing that iPad to drive a display with up to 6K resolution. You can use a single external display with the M1 iPad Pro running iPadOS 16.
- New Display Modes – For pros who need color accuracy, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with Liquid Retina XDR display can provide reference color for popular color standards and video formats. The iPad Pro is able to serve as a secondary reference display for the Mac using Sidecar.
- Weather app – The Weather app has finally come to the iPad, and it’s pretty much identical to the iOS 16 Weather app. It can take advantage of the larger display of the iPad to provide more modules on one screen, and you can tap into any weather module to get additional information.
- Freeform app – Later this year, Apple will launch a new Freeform app that’s designed to be a collaborative canvas for working on projects with others. It supports real-time collaboration and can be used for brainstorming, outlining new projects, and more. It supports Apple Pencil for a digital whiteboard experience, and it works with SharePlay in FaceTime and Messages.
What are your favorite iPadOS 16 features? Let us know in the comments.
Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) starts today with the traditional keynote kicking things off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
We’re expecting to see a number of announcements, including iOS 16, macOS 13, watchOS 9, and tvOS 16, though it’s unclear what else we’ll be seeing at the event.
A redesigned MacBook Air tops the list of potential new hardware, but supply chain issues…
Apple on Monday held a keynote event that saw the introduction of iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13 Ventura, watchOS 9, and the new M2 Apple silicon chip, which is soon-to-be available in the MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. It was a crazy event where Apple introduced feature after feature for almost two hours straight. For those who…
Apple today previewed iOS 16, the company’s next major update for the iPhone, featuring a redesigned, customizable Lock Screen, improvements to Messages, Maps, and Home, new sharing and personalization capabilities, and more.
Lock Screen, Notifications, and Focus
An all-new, fully customizable Lock Screen allows users to edit a large number of design elements, including type styles and…
Apple today at WWDC 2022 announced the next-generation MacBook Air with the all-new M2 chip, a redesigned unibody enclosure, a brighter display with a notch, new color options like Starlight and Midnight, MagSafe charging, a 1080p camera, and more.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. The new MacBook Air looks similar to the latest 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro…
While the Apple TV was an afterthought during the WWDC 2022 keynote, there is indeed a new tvOS 16 update for all Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K models, with the first beta released to developers for testing yesterday. Below, we’ve rounded up several new features and enhancements coming in the software update.
An overview of new tvOS 16 features for Apple TV:Cross-device connectivity: Apple…
Apple today at WWDC 2022 announced the “next generation” of CarPlay, which will support multiple displays within a vehicle, offer built-in climate controls for adjusting the temperature of the A/C or heat within the CarPlay interface, and more.
The next-generation CarPlay experience will be able to provide content across multiple screens within a vehicle, and deeper integration with a…
iOS 16 introduces some major changes, including a total overhaul for the iOS Lock Screen. The Lock Screen looks different, it’s more customizable, and it can do more than ever before, so we thought we’d do a quick hands-on video to give MacRumors readers a first glimpse at the revamped Lock screen.
Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. The Lock Screen can be customized…