Five Features to Look Forward to in the 2022 MacBook Air
In 2022, Apple is going to release an updated version of the MacBook Air with some of the biggest design changes that we’ve seen since 2010, when Apple introduced the 11 and 13-inch size options. In the video below, we highlight five features that you need to know about the new machine.
- No More Wedge Design – Current MacBook Air models have a wedge design that tapers toward the front, but the new MacBook Air will look much more like the MacBook Pro with a uniform body design. It’s going to deviate from the MacBook Pro in terms of ports, though, with Apple only expected to include USB-C ports.
- White Bezels – The MacBook Air is rumored to be modeled after the 24-inch iMac, with off-white bezels around the display and a matching off-white keyboard with a full row of function keys. The MacBook Pro surprised us all with a notch for the camera, and rumors suggest the MacBook Air will have the same notch, but in white.
- Multiple Colors – Continuing on with the iMac theme, the new MacBook Air is expected to be made available in several color options. The colors could be similar to the 24-inch iMac, which comes in blue, green, pink, silver, yellow, orange, and purple. Apple has a history of using bright colors for its non Pro machines, and different color options would clearly distinguish the MacBook Air from its Pro sibling.
- Mini-LED Display – Apple introduced a mini-LED display with ProMotion technology in the 2021 MacBook Pro models, and the 2022 MacBook Air could adopt the same display, though without the ProMotion. The MacBook Air display is expected to continue to measure in at around 13 inches.
- M2 Chip – Rumors suggest the MacBook Air will be equipped with an “M2” chip, which would be an upgraded version of the M1. It won’t be as powerful as the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips used in the MacBook Pro, but it will offer an improvement over the M1. It’s expected to continue to feature an 8-core CPU, but with faster performance and nine or 10 GPU cores, up from seven or eight in the M1.
There’s one other notable rumor – the upcoming MacBook Air might not be an “Air” at all. Apple could be planning to revert to the standard “MacBook” name, which hasn’t been in use since the 12-inch MacBook was continued. It’s not yet clear if this is accurate, so the “Air” moniker might not stick around, but there’s a chance Apple is once again going to streamline its Mac naming.
We’ll know more as the MacBook Air’s launch date approaches, and while a release timeline isn’t nailed down as of yet, we’re expecting to see it sometime in the second half of the year.
For a more in-depth overview of what’s expected for the 2022 MacBook Air, we have a dedicated rumor guide. It’s a good idea to keep it bookmarked if you’re planning on buying one of the new machines, because we update it each time there’s a new rumor.
Everything the New MacBook Pro Tells Us About the Next-Gen MacBook Air
With Apple’s latest high-end MacBook Pro being such a radical departure from the previous model, some users are now looking to the next-generation MacBook Air and what similar changes could be brought over to the company’s smallest and lightest laptop.
Rumors already abound about the next-generation MacBook Air, providing a number of insights into Apple’s plans for the new ultra-portable…
‘MacBook Air’ Name Could Be Scrapped Next Year
Apple could scrap the “MacBook Air” moniker for its lightweight, entry-level Mac laptop next year, a recent rumor has suggested.
Apple is widely expected to be planning the launch of a new MacBook Air, featuring a slimmer, non-tapered design, the “M2” chip, a mini-LED display, a notch and white bezels, MagSafe charging, a 1080p webcam, and a range of color options, for release next year….
MacBook Air Coming in 2022 Also Rumored to Feature Notch Design
The next-generation MacBook Air that’s set to be released in 2022 will also feature a notch, according to the same leaker who was first to mention the notch coming to the 2021 MacBook Pro models.
In a forum post from August discussing the new MacBook Pro models, leaker Ty98 said that the next-generation MacBook Air will include the same notch that Apple is introducing for the MacBook Pro.
Leaks Expose Redesigned MacBook Air With Even Thinner Design and Colors
Apple is working on a radically redesigned version of the MacBook Air, featuring an even “thinner and lighter” design, multiple color options, and changes to almost all aspects of the machine, according to recent reports. Leaker Jon Prosser recently revealed renders purporting to accurately represent the next-generation MacBook Air.
Prosser said that the design of the MacBook Air…
Apple Developing a Whole New Kind of MacBook Air
Apple is believed to be working on a completely new, high-end version of the MacBook Air, according to recent reports.
Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, who often reveals accurate insights into Apple’s plans, has repeatedly discussed the company’s work on a high-end MacBook Air. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo and leaker Jon Prosser have also referred to a similar MacBook Air model.
Images Reveal Colorful New MacBook Air Design
Apple’s next MacBook Air will feature a completely new design and come in a range of colors like the 24-inch iMac, according to leaker Jon Prosser, who has now released supposedly accurate renders of the new machines based on leaked images.
In a new video uploaded to YouTube channel Front Page Tech, Prosser elaborated on his previous prediction that Apple’s next-generation MacBook Air models …