Best iPhone 12 Deals of January 2021:12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max & Mini
Welcome to 2021. If you’re looking for a deal on the iPhone 12 range phones for the New Year, you’ve come to the right place.
Here we going through every major retailer as well as contract provider to find you the best deals on the iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max as 12 mini this month.
We’re seeing excellent big data deals from nearly every network – watch out especially for free AirPod bundles from Virgin and Three. Meanwhile, O2 is offering six months of Disney+ or Deliveroo Plus for free. We’re also seeing loads of trade-in offers with up to £620 off in the UK and $700 off in the US.
Virgin has a particularly exciting iPhone 12 bundle that includes the iPad Air 4, Watch Series 6 and AirPods Pro from £72 per month. Check it out here.
The iPhones 12 range, Apple’s first 5G devices, is available to buy directly from Apple but delivery isn’t expected until late January, early February, which is why it’s doubly worth looking at other retailers. Keep in mind stock on the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro can be tricky to find. We’ve also gone through every retailer to point out where the handsets are available and where they’ve sold out.
Here we’re looking at the top retailers and networks offering the new iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max and 12 mini on contract and SIM-free at the best prices.
We’re separately rounding up the best Apple deals, and don’t forget to pick up a 5G or 4G SIM for the iPhone 12 if you buy SIM-free – we’ve sorted the best SIM Only deals of the month here.
iPhone 12 January deals highlights
Best iPhone 12 Pro Max deals
iPhone 12 Pro Max stock isn’t available everywhere. We’ve listed all the retailers offering the iPhone 12 Pro Max below, along with any offers on at the moment. We’ll also flag retailers with low stock to save you time from having to browse.
iPhone 12 Pro Max – Best SIM-free deals
- Apple – Up to £280 off with Apple Trade-In, free delivery, arrives late January/early February
- Carphone Warehouse – Up to £650 off with old iPhone trade-in, free delivery, arrives mid-January
- Studio – out of stock (standard delivery is £4.99)
- Amazon – out of stock
- Argos – Check stock by postcode
- Box – out of stock
- Curry PC World – out of stock
- John Lewis – Silver and Goldin stock online (offers up to £300 with old iPhone trade-in)
- KRCS – Has up to £12 off
- Mobiles.co.uk – Order now for delivery by 23 February
- Walmart (US) – up to $900 off with trade-in, free 2-day delivery
- Best Buy (US) – locked, in stock
- Target (US) – Stock based on location, limited
Compare prices from top retailers below:
iPhone 12 Pro Max – Best Contract deals
- Carphone Warehouse – Best deal: £49.99 upfront, £56.99 per month for 50GB 4G data
- EE – Best deal: £300 off with trade-in, £81 per month for unlimited data on 256GB model (no upfront cost), includes 3 Smart Benefits (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more), £50 off AirPods Pro
- Fonehouse – Best deal: 100GB data for £59 per month, £59 up front with Three
- O2 – Best deal: £60.10 per month, £29.99 upfront for 90GB data over 36 months (£350 off with trade-in, 6 months of Disney+, Prime Video or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile – Best Deal: Starts at £45 per month, no upfront cost for 2GB data (higher data allowances available)
- Three – Best Deal: Unlimited data with 50% off first 6 months with free AirPods, starts at £41.50 per month (first 6 months), no upfront cost
- Virgin Mobile – Best Deal: £52 per month, no upfront cost for 50GB data (36 months)
- Vodafone – Best Deal: £82 per month, £29 upfront for unlimited data (max speed 10Mbps)
- AT&T (US) – Starts at $36.67 per month with up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line
- Verizon (US) – Starts at £36.66 per month, upgrade and save up to $440
Best iPhone 12 Pro Deals
You can buy the iPhone 12 Pro directly from Apple but here are all the retailers offering the iPhone 12 Pro right now. We’ve also noted any retailers with low or no stock.
iPhone 12 Pro – best SIM-free deals
- Amazon (out of stock) /Amazon US – iPhone 12 orders from Amazon US with a wireless carrier include an Amazon Gift Card, which receives a US$4.17 balance top-up every month up to $100 over 24 months.
- Apple – in stock, free delivery, arrives late January, early February
- Carphone Warehouse – up to £650 off when you trade-in
- Studio – out of stock
- Argos – out of stock
- Currys PC World – out of stock, includes up to 5 months of Apple Music, Arcade and News+
- John Lewis – out of stock
- KRCS – up to £11 off but stock limited
- Best Buy (US)
- Walmart (US)
- Target (US) – Up to $950 off when you trade-in to a new line and upgrade on select unlimited plans with AT&T
iPhone 12 Pro – best contract deals
Three has the most enticing offer right now – get 6 months half price on 24-month unlimited plans with free AirPods. You can get 6 months of Disney+ or Delveroo Plus with O2, however.
Virgin also has a free AirPods Pro bundle on the 12 Pro.
The following UK networks have the iPhone 12 available on contract.
- EE – Best deal: up to £300 off (which removes upfront cost) when you trade-in fully working iPhone XS or XS Max, unlimited data for £77 per month with streaming add-ons
- O2 – Best deals: £350 off with trade-in, free Disney Plus (or Amazon Prime Video) for 6 months, with £50 off AirPods Pro
- Three Best deal: 6 months half price on 24-month unlimited plans with free AirPods
- Sky Mobile Best deal: £41 per month for 2GB data (reduced from £47), no upfront cost.
- Virgin Best deals: 50GB of data for £47 per month, no upfront cost (36 months)
- Vodafone Best deals: £90 per month, £29 upfront for unlimited data, 100 international minutes to EU, and streaming service for 2 years (YouTube Premium, Prime or Spotify)
- Voxi – £50 per month with 6GB data, free next day delivery
- Tesco Mobile – Out of stock
Best iPhone 12 Deals
iPhone 12 – best SIM-free deals
- Amazon/Amazon US – in stock – £14 off 256GB option
- Argos – Stock limited
- Carphone Warehouse – in stock, 50% off AirPods bundle, up to £650 off with old iPhone trade- in
- Currys PC World – in stock, up to 5 months of Apple Music, Arcade and New+, additional £50 on top of trade-in value, up to £450
- John Lewis – in stock, payment Plan available, claim up to £300 when you trade-in
- KRCS – up to £9.52 off (stock is very limited)
- Very – in stock
- Best Buy (US) – up to $800 off with trade-in if bought locked to AT&T
- Walmart (US) – in stock
- Target (US) – Up to $700 off when you trade-in to a new line or upgrade on select unlimited plans with AT&T
iPhone 12 – best contract deals
Three is offering 6 months half price on 24-month unlimited plans with free AirPods, while Virgin’s best deals include free Apple AirPods on plans starting from £37 per month.
Carphone Warehouse has the cheapest offer, however: get 20GB data for £41.99 per month, £29.99 upfront on iD Mobile. You can also get Apple AirPods for 50% off.
- Carphone Warehouse – Best deal: 50% off Apple AirPods, free next day delivery
- EE – Best deal: up to £300 off (which removes upfront cost) when you trade-in fully working iPhone XS or XS Max
- O2 – Best deals: Free Disney Plus (or Amazon Prime Video) for 6 months, £50 off AirPods Pro, 6 months Deliveroo Plus with Unlimited data
- Tesco Mobile Best deal: 25GB data for £42.99 per month over 36 months
- Three Best deal: 6 months half price on 24-month unlimited plans with free AirPods
- Sky Mobile Best deal: 2GB data for £34 per month
- Virgin Best deals: Free Apple AirPods Pro on plans starting from £37 per month
- Vodafone Best deal: £71 per month, £19 upfront for unlimited data
Best iPhone 12 mini Deals
iPhone 12 mini – Best SIM-free deals
The best SIM-free deals on the 12 mini are from Currys PC World, John Lewis and Amazon, all of which have £20 off.
iPhone 12 mini – Best contract deals
- Affordable Mobiles – Best deal: Unlimited data for £37 per month, £19 upfront
- Carphone Warehouse -Best deal: 50% off AirPods, £400 with old iPhone trade in – £43.99 upfront, £39.99 per month for 20GB data
- EE – Best deal: £300 off with trade-in of iPhone XS or XS Max, £61 per month for unlimited data (no upfront cost), includes 3 Smart Benefits (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more)
- O2 – Best deal: £47.95 per month, £29.99 upfront for 90GB data over 36 months (with £50 off AirPods Pro, £350 off with trade-in, and 6 months of Disney+, Prime Video or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile – Best Deal: £30 per month for 2GB data (no upfront cost)
- Three – Best Deal: Free AirPods with unlimited data – £56 per month reduced to £28 per month (for 6 months), £90 upfront
- Virgin Mobile – Best Deal: £37 per month, no upfront cost for 24GB data with free Airpods
- Vodafone – Best Deal: £64 per month, £29 upfront for 48GB data
- AT&T (US) – Starts at $23.34 per month with up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line
- Verizon (US) – Starts at $29.16 per month, upgrade and save up to $412
Where to get iPhone 12 range cashback deals
The following retailers offer phones on contract from various networks and may have different deals to those you’ll find direct from the network. Many of these sites also offer cashback plans, if you want to save more in the long term.
See our full guide to cashback deals on our sister site Tech Advisor.
Where to get refurbished iPhone 12 deals
If you haven’t already, you may want to consider buying a refurbished iPhone 12 to save money (and the environment). Refurbished devices are thoroughly tested and repaired to work and look just like new. In some cases, you might see some signs of wear – like scuffs or scratches – but most retailers will indicate the condition of the device before you buy it. Typically, you’ll see A, B, and C grades, with A-grade devices showing no or very, very minimal signs of use and C-grade devices showing obvious signs of wear.
See our full guide to buying refurbished or second-hand iPhones for more on device grades.
The first place to shop for a refurbished iPhone is on the Apple Refurbished Store. Here you’re guaranteed that the device will be exactly like a new iPhone out of the box. Rest assured, the Apple Refurbished Store is where you can get the highest quality of refurbished iPhones. However, if you’re after the iPhone 12, it’s unlikely you’ll find it there just yet.
You may want to shop at the following refurbished resellers instead:
How much do the new iPhone 12 range phones cost?
With four different models, each with different storage configurations, iPhone shoppers can choose from various price points.
iPhone 12: From £799/$799
The standard iPhone offers a 6.1in display and is available in white, black, blue, green, and in the Product(Red) variant.
- 64GB – £799/US$829/AUD$1349
- 128GB – £849/US$879/AUD$1429
- 256GB – £949/US$979/AUD$1599
iPhone 12 Pro: From £999/$999/AUD$1,699
The 12 Pro also features a 6.1in screen like the standard iPhone 12 but has a much brighter display and a third, telephoto lens on the back. The Pro and Pro Max are available in Graphite, Silver, Gold and Pacific Blue.
- 128GB – £999/US$999/AUD$1,699
- 256GB – £1,099/US$1099/AUD$1,869
- 512GB – £1299/$1299/AUD$2,219
iPhone 12 mini: From £699/$729/AUD$1,199 – pre-order from 6 November (7 November in Australia)
The smallest of the iPhone 12 range, the iPhone 12 mini features a 5.4in screen, which is only slightly larger than the iPhone SE (2020), which offers a 4.7in Retina HD display and remains the most affordable new iPhone.
- 64GB – £699/US$729/AUD$1,199
- 128GB – £749/US$779/AUD$1,279
- 256GB – £849/$879/AUD$1,449
iPhone 12 Pro Max: From £1,099/$1,099/AUD$1,699 – pre-order 6 November (7 November in Australia)
- 128GB – £1099/US$1099/AUD$1,849
- 256GB – £1,099/US$1199/AUD$2019
- 512GB – £1299/$1399/AUD$2,369
See our separate round-up of the best iPhone 11 deals, and for the best Apple deals 2020 see our dedicated deals hub.
When did the new iPhone 12 phones release?
The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro became available to pre-order on 16 October, and sales began 23 October.
Meanwhile, pre-orders on the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max started 6 November ahead sales beginning 13 November.
What’s new in the iPhone 12 range?
Apple launched the iPhone 12 range flagship phones at its ‘Hi, Speed’ Special event on 13 October – a fitting title, given these will be the first iPhones to feature 5G connectivity, the new A14 Bionic processor and Neural Engine, which also appears in the new iPad Air 4 for advanced image processing.
While we’ve come to expect iPhones in three sizes, this year Apple has introduced four models: the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and a smaller iPhone mini – again, all with 5G support.
The iPhone 12 and 12 mini feature a Ceramic Shield front, glass back, and an aluminium frame, while the top-tier Pro and Pro Max add a textured matte glass on the back and a stainless steel band to the mix.
Design aside, the Pro and Pro Max also feature an extra telephoto lens on the back, along with advanced photo and video capabilities, like AppleRAW support and recording and editing video in Dolby Vision. For everything there is to know about the new iPhone 12 range see this handy explainer.
You can also re-watch the Apple Special event again here.