Best Black Friday iPhone 12 Deals: Pre-Order the 12 Pro Max & Mini Now
It’s 6 November, which means those who have patiently awaited the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini can now pre-order the devices directly from Apple and a number of other retailers, all of which we’re listing below.
The phones will join the standard iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, which went on sale 23 October. These are the first iPhones with 5G connectivity.
Here we’re looking at all the retailers and networks offering the new iPhone 12 and 12 Pro and the best deals around on contract and SIM-free, along with where you can pre-order the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Mini.
We’re also answering any questions you might have around release dates and pre-orders.
What’s new in the iPhone 12 range?
Apple launched the iPhone 12 range flagship phones at its ‘Hi, Speed’ Special event on 13 October – a fitting title, given these will be the first iPhones to feature 5G connectivity, the new A14 Bionic processor and Neural Engine, which also appears in the new iPad Air 4 for advanced image processing.
While we’ve come to expect iPhones in three sizes, this year Apple has introduced four models: the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and a smaller iPhone mini – again, all with 5G support.
The iPhone 12 and 12 mini feature a Ceramic Shield front, glass back, and an aluminium frame, while the top-tier Pro and Pro Max add a textured matte glass on the back and a stainless steel band to the mix.
Design aside, the Pro and Pro Max also feature an extra telephoto lens on the back, along with advanced photo and video capabilities, like AppleRAW support and recording and editing video in Dolby Vision. For everything there is to know about the new iPhone 12 range see this handy explainer.
You can also re-watch the Apple Special event again here.
When do the new iPhone 12 phones come out?
While Apple has unveiled four iPhone models, they haven’t all gone on sale at the same time. The iPhone 12 and 12 Pro became available to pre-order on 16 October, with sales beginning 23 October.
Meanwhile, pre-orders on the the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max started as of 6 November ahead of the 13 November sale – just a couple of weeks before Black Friday.
Here’s where you can buy the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro, plus any and all deals worth keeping an eye out for.
Keep in mind most of these retailers and networks will likely carry the iPhone 12 mini and 12 Pro Max once they’re available (though they haven’t yet confirmed).
Where to pre-order the iPhone 12 Pro Max & iPhone 12 mini – SIM-Free & on contract
Apple is obviously the first place to pre-order the 12 Pro Max and 12 Mini, but you can find them from the following retailers and networks too. KRCS already has discounts on the new models.
iPhone 12 Pro Max – SIM-free
iPhone 12 Pro Max – On Contract
- Carphone Warehouse – Best deal: £99 upfront, £54.99 per month for 20GB data
- EE – Best deal: £300 off with trade-in, £81 per month for unlimited data (no upfront cost), includes 3 Smart Benefits (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more)
- O2 – Best deal: £60.10 per month, £30 upfront for 90GB data (includes 20% off AirPods Pro, £350 off with trade-in, 6 months of Disney+, Prime Video or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile – Best Deal: £30 off AirPods – starts at £45 per month, no upfront cost for 2GB data (higher data allowances available)
- Three – Best Deal: Unlimited data with 50% off first 6 months with free AirPods, starts at £99 upfront, £38.50 per month (first 6 months)
- Virgin Mobile – Best Deal: £49 per month, no upfront cost for 100GB data with free accessories bundle
- Vodafone – Best Deal: £21 off Unlimited Max Plan – ££66 per month (usually £87), £29 upfront
- AT&T (US) – Starts at $36.67 per month with up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line
- Verizon (US) – Starts at £36.66 per month, upgrade and save up to $440, or save $150 on an iPad or $100 on Apple Watch
iPhone 12 mini – SIM-Free
iPhone 12 mini – On Contract
- Carphone Warehouse – Best deal: £400 with old iPhone trade in – £99 upfront, £34.99 per month for 20GB data
- EE – Best deal: £300 off with trade-in of iPhone XS or XS Max, £61 per month for unlimited data (no upfront cost), includes 3 Smart Benefits (Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more)
- O2 – Best deal: £47.95 per month, £30 upfront for 90GB data (includes 20% off AirPods Pro, £350 off with trade-in, and 6 months of Disney+, Prime Video or another streaming app)
- Sky Mobile – Best Deal: £30 off AirPods – £36 per month for 10GB data (no upfront cost)
- Three – Best Deal: Free AirPods with unlimited data – £56 per month reduced to £28 per month, £99 upfront
- Virgin Mobile – Best Deal: £35 per month, no upfront cost for 100GB data with free accessories bundle
- Vodafone – Best Deal: £21 off Unlimited Max plan – £46 per month (was £67), £29 upfront for unlimited data
- AT&T (US) – Starts at £25 per month with up to $700 off when you trade-in and add a new line
- Verizon (US) – Starts at £29.16 per month, upgrade and save up to $412, or save $150 on an iPad or $100 on Apple Watch
We’ll be adding more networks to this list as we find them so stay tuned!
Where to buy the iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Pro phones – SIM Free
You can now buy the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro directly from Apple. You can also find it from the following retailers and networks below.
iPhone 12/ 12 Pro SIM-free
- Amazon/Amazon US – iPhone 12 orders from Amazon US with a wireless carrier include an Amazon Gift Card, which receives a US$4.17 balance top-up every month up to $100 over 24 months.
- Carphone Warehouse – up to £400 off when you trade-in
- Currys PC World – 0% financing available, up to £400 off when you trade-in
- John Lewis – Payment Plan available, claim up to £300 when you trade-in
- KRCS – up to £9.98 off (stock is very limited)
- Best Buy (US)
- Walmart (US) – up to $130 off with financing
- Target (US) – Up to $800 off when you trade-in to a new line or upgrade on select unlimited plans with AT&T
Where to buy the iPhone 12 phones – on contract
Use our automatic deals finder below to see the best deals around or browse by retailers and networks below. We’re highlighting any special available offers below, such as Virgin’s free AirPods Pro bundle.
iPhone 12 Pro
As of now, the following UK networks have the iPhone 12 available on contract.
- EE – Best deal: up to £300 off (which removes upfront cost) when you trade-in fully working iPhone XS or XS Max
- O2 – Best deals: Free Disney Plus (or Amazon Prime Video) for 6 months, 20% off AirPods Pro with unlimited plans
- Tesco Mobile Best deal: Double data, 10% off two Tesco shops in-store every month with Clubcard Plus (free for 6 months on select plans)
- Three Best deal: 6 months half price on 24-month unlimited plans
- Sky Mobile Best deal: Double data on all iPhone 12 plans
- Virgin Best deals: Free Apple AirPods Pro or up to £350 off when you trade-in
- Vodafone Best deals: Up to £21 off monthly plans
The following retailers offer phones on contract from various networks, too, and may have different deals to those you’ll find direct from the network:
How much do the new iPhone 12 and 12 Pro phones cost?
With four different models, each with different storage configurations, iPhone shoppers can choose from various price points.
iPhone 12: From £799/$799
The standard iPhone offers a 6.1in display and is available in white, black, blue, green, and in the Product(Red) variant.
- 64GB – £799/US$829/AUD$1349
- 128GB – £849/US$879/AUD$1429
- 256GB – £949/US$979/AUD$1599
iPhone 12 Pro: From £999/$999/AUD$1,699
The 12 Pro also features a 6.1in screen like the standard iPhone 12 but has a much brighter display and a third, telephoto lens on the back. The Pro and Pro Max are available in Graphite, Silver, Gold and Pacific Blue.
- 128GB – £999/US$999/AUD$1,699
- 256GB – £1,099/US$1099/AUD$1,869
- 512GB – £1299/$1299/AUD$2,219
iPhone 12 mini: From £699/$729/AUD$1,199 – pre-order from 6 November (7 November in Australia)
The smallest of the iPhone 12 range, the iPhone 12 mini features a 5.4in screen, which is only slightly larger than the iPhone SE (2020), which offers a 4.7in Retina HD display and remains the most affordable new iPhone.
- 64GB – £699/US$729/AUD$1,199
- 128GB – £749/US$779/AUD$1,279
- 256GB – £849/$879/AUD$1,449
iPhone 12 Pro Max: From £1,099/$1,099/AUD$1,699 – pre-order 6 November (7 November in Australia)
- 128GB – £1099/US$1099/AUD$1,849
- 256GB – £1,099/US$1199/AUD$2019
- 512GB – £1299/$1399/AUD$2,369
See our separate round up of the best iPhone 11 deals, and for the best Apple deals before Black Friday 2020 see our dedicated deals hub.